APPLYING AS A FRESHMAN
To get started, review the admission guidelines, application requirements and deadline dates below. It is never too early to begin preparing your application and high school students are encouraged to apply early in their senior year.
Complete your application. Click here to sign into your Admissions Portal account.
No account? No problem. Click here to sign up.
Freshman Core Guidelines
To be admitted as a freshman, you must have completed the following courses upon high school graduation:
- English: 4 course units in English, emphasizing grammar, composition and literature.
- Mathematics: 4 course units including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II and a higher level mathematics course for which Algebra II is a prerequisite.
Note: The fourth math course unit is applicable only to students who graduated in 2006 or later.
- Natural Science: 3 course units including a life or biological science, a physical science and a laboratory science.
- Social Studies 2 course units, one of which must be U.S. History.
- Foreign Language: 2 course units of a language other than English. Both must be in the same language (i.e. Spanish 1 & 2). ECU accepts both American Sign Language and Latin.
Note: The foreign language component is applicable only to students who graduated high school in 2004 or later.
During your senior year we recommend that you take a foreign language, mathematics, and a natural science course in addition to English. These courses will better prepare you for your Freshman year curriculum.
If you did not meet all of the minimum course requirements as indicated above please view the Transfer Admission Guidelines to see how to gain admission to ECU.
A Complete Application For Freshman Admission Includes
- A completed online application
- Nonrefundable $70 application fee
- Official high school transcript including senior year courses in progress and grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended including community college dual enrollment.
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores (Please make sure that all test scores are sent directly from ACT or College Board)
- SAT Code - 5180
- ACT Code - 3094
Note: If applicants choose to take the ACT, they must register for the optional writing section.
Deadline: Freshman Applications For Admission
Fall Semester: To be considered for Fall 2015, your application must be submitted by March 15, 2015. All official final transcripts and official test scores must be received by April 15, 2015 to be considered for Fall 2015.
Deadline: Online Enrollment Deposit (for admitted students only)
Fall Semester: May 1, 2015
*The official deadline for payment of your ECU Enrollment Deposit is May 1. It is strongly advised to pay your deposit online as soon as possible to reserve your space in the incoming class. Visit the Admitted Student Checklist for Freshmen for instructions on paying your deposit.
Any Questions? Contact Us
106 Whichard Building, Mail Stop 517
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858-4353
Phone: (252) 328-6640 | Fax: 252-737-1192
Admission of applicants residing outside the State of North Carolina to an online degree, certificate program or individual online course offered by East Carolina University, is dependent on ECU’s ability to secure authorization from the applicant’s state of residence, if such authorization is required.
Due to recent changes in higher education regulations, ECU will no longer be able to offer online programs or courses for students residing in Alabama, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Maryland. ECU will work with state authorities to allow students in these states who are currently enrolled in an ECU online or certificate program to complete their degree.
For questions specific to the state authorization process, call 252/737-1268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.