Have an old bike you're not using? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Pirate BikeShare program! We will accept anything, we're not picky! We'll even stop by and pick it up, saving you a trip. Interested individuals, please click here: Donate a Bike!
Parking & Transportation Services: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm (cashiers) & 7:30am - 5pm (lobby)
Semester and Summer Hours Vary, So make sure to check their website
for their most current hours
You can register for Pirate BikeShare and your personal bike at the Parking & Transportation office on 10th Street. You can register for the Bike Rental Program at the Adventure Rental Center in the Campus Rec Center (by the Climbing Wall).
Bike Clinics are held through the months of March - November every Friday at the loading dock of the Campus Rec Center. Bike Excursions are also taken around the Greenways. Check out the Event Calendar for more information!
Welcome Bike Lovers!
ECU Parking & Transportation and the Adventure program of Campus Recreation & Wellness have partnered to bring exciting new bike programs and events just for you!
rules & law
Using a Bus's Bike Rack
Benefits of Biking
- Cycling minimizes the risk of coronary heart disease. It gives your heart, blood vessels and lungs a great workout.
- A few miles of biking per day assure trimmer and toned muscles. Your upper thigh muscles, calf and butt get an awesome workout!
- Pursuing biking helps a great deal in building your stamina. It enables you to carry out your day-to-day activities more effectively.
- For heavier people, it can manage weight and help get rid of an increased waistline and bulging fat.
- It helps build stronger bones and is a lot easier on your joints, which do not have to suffer constant impacts.
- The pleasure and satisfaction attained while riding aids in alleviating stress, anxiety and depression.
- Biking helps control the level of blood pressure, and improves blood chemistry - including HDL, "good cholesterol".
- Biking has been found to improve digestion and lung function.
- Biking has also been found to be effective for treating people diagnosed with diabetes and cancer.
- It gives you the opportunity to spend quality time with friends and family.
- Gives you the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature.
- It's completely environmentally friendly.
- Biking can prove to be the best mode to move around your local area and helps to reduce congestion.