Have an old bike you're not using? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Pirate BikeShare program! We will accept anything, we're not picky! We'll even stop by and pick it up, saving you a trip. Interested individuals, please click here: Donate a Bike!
Parking & Transporation Services: PH: 328-6294 | 305 E. 10th Street Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking & Transportation Services: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm (cashiers) & 7:30am - 5pm (lobby)
You can register for Pirate BikeShare and your personal bike at the Parking & Transportation office on 10th Street. You can also sign up for the Bike Rental Program at the Parking & Transportation office.
Bike Clinics are held through the months of March - November every Friday at the front of the Campus Rec Center. Bike Excursions are also taken around the Greenways. Check out the Event Calendar for more information!
Welcome Bike Lovers!
ECU Parking & Transportation is proud to bring exciting bike programs and events just for you!
rules & law
Bike Laws & Policies
The following information is according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation and was found on their website: NCDOT.
In North Carolina, the bicycle has the legal status of a vehicle. This means that bicyclists have full rights and responsibilities on the roadway and are subject to the regulations governing the operation of a motor vehicle.
North Carolina traffic laws require bicyclists to:
- Ride on the right in the same direction as other traffic
- Obey all traffic signs and signals
- Use hand signals to communicate intended movements
- Equip their bicycles with a front lamp visible from 300 feet and a rear reflector that is visible from a distance of 200 feet when riding at night
- Wear a bicycle helment on public roads, public paths and public rights-of-way if the bicyclists is under 16 years old
- Secure child passengers in a child seat or bicycle trailer if under 40 pounds or 40 inches
The full guide to North Carolina Bicycle and Pedestrian Laws is outlined in the Laws Guidebook.