Have an old bike you're not using? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Pirate BikeShare program! We will accept anything, we're not picky! We'll even stop by and pick it up, saving you a trip. Interested individuals, please click here: Donate a Bike!
Parking & Transportation Services: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm (cashiers) & 7:30am - 5pm (lobby)
Semester and Summer Hours Vary, So make sure to check their website
for their most current hours
You can register for Pirate BikeShare and your personal bike at the Parking & Transportation office on 10th Street. You can register for the Bike Rental Program at the Adventure Rental Center in the Campus Rec Center (by the Climbing Wall).
Bike Clinics are held through the months of March - November every Friday at the loading dock of the Campus Rec Center. Bike Excursions are also taken around the Greenways. Check out the Event Calendar for more information!
Welcome Bike Lovers!
ECU Parking & Transportation and the Adventure program of Campus Recreation & Wellness have partnered to bring exciting new bike programs and events just for you!
rules & law
Tips from ECU Police
- Do not ride on the sidewalk.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Ride where drivers can see you.
- Wear brightly covered clothing at all times.
- Ride in a straight line and don't swerve between parked cars.
- Be aware of the traffic around you and be prepared to take evasive action.
- Learn braking and turning techniques to avoid crashes.
- Make sure that the helmet fits on top of your head, not tipped back or forward.
- Always look back and use hand and arm signals to indicate your intention to stop, merge or turn.
- Use the rightmost lane that heads in the direction that you are traveling.
- At night, use a white front light and red rear light or reflector. Wear reflective tape or clothing.
- Be predictable and make eye contact with motorists to let them know you are there.
- Ride with traffic and obey the same laws as motorists.
- Give cars and pedestrians the right-of-way.
- Avoid broken pavement, loose gravel and leaves - which can cause you to lose control
- If it's raining, leave more distance to stop due to wet brakes.