Effective Date: 07/01/95 Revised: 03/04/09
Introduction Statement 2: Organizational Reponsibilities
The University Budget Office reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for
Financial Services, and is responsible for maintaining the budgetary records
for all University state funds, and for the preparation of various financial
reports and cost analyses. These reports may be prepared on a one-time or a
The Director of University Budgets and Assistants are responsible for maintaining all budgets involving:
- Establishing budgets as approved by the Chancellor for the various University departments affected.
- Adjusting these budgets based upon properly approved request for revisions.
The reports and Cost Analysis Section of the Budget Office is responsible for preparing:
- Statistical reports
- Reports prepared for certain external agencies
- Other cost analyses.
The State Salary Budget Records and Controls Section of the University Budget Office establishes and maintains budgetary controls on all EPA (employees Exempt from the Personnel Act) and faculty salaries, and salaries of SPA employees (State employees subject to the Personnel Act), where any portion of any salary is budgeted and accounted for through a State budget code. In addition, this area of the University Budget Office is responsible for:
- The verification of the proper coding of all State EPA and SPA salaries as well as control over the total FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) Positions by function (department) for each object code.
- The verification that budgets were allocated as coded for all temporary wages and student wages.
- Processing of all requests to contract for professional services when State budgets are involved.
- The control and processing of all dual employment certification requests (Form CP 30, Request for Additional Payment to Employee for Work Performed for Another State Agency).
- The preparation of budgetary salary and wage request and reports.