Effective Date: 11/03/00
Procedure Statement 2: Obtaining Fitted Safety Spectacles
Refer to the EHS Policy Statement 1, on Eye and Face Protection for the type of hazards and frequency of use for which fitted safety spectacles are recommended.
Send a written request to the Environmental Health and Safety Office, with the following information:
- Name of employee(s), occupation, department,
- Social Security Number (for identification purposes),
- Account number to be billed,
- Indicate "with" or "without side shields" (see Eye and Face Protection, for uses).
If prescription spectacles are required, include the above information, and:
- Type of prescription (single, bifocal, trifocal);
- Whether the employee has a current prescription, or pair of prescription glasses which can be copied by the optician. If the employee has not had his prescription checked within the past year, this should be done prior to scheduling an appointment with the Optical Shop. Scheduling and payment of eye examinations are the employee's responsibility.
WAIT FOR WORD FROM THE ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICE
- Upon receipt of the request for service, the Environmental Health and Safety Office will determine the availability of appointment times and notify the employee or department as indicated on the request.
- Non-prescription safety spectacles are normally available from stock and will be issued at the time of the request.
- Prescription safety spectacles must be ordered and will be one to two weeks before delivery.