ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) CONSENT FORM
EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
We, the undersigned agree to enter into this ADR Process on ___(date) to resolve the grievance complaint regarding
We have read and understand the ADR Process as outlined in East Carolina University's Grievance and Appeal Policy for Employees Subject to the Personnel Act and agree to the following provisions:
1) The ADR Process must be resolved in a reasonable amount of time (90 days from filing for dismissal and demotion and 120 days for all others).
2) The neutral party chosen to conduct the ADR Process will meet the training and experience requirements outlined in the State Grievance Policy. If both parties cannot agree on the neutral party to conduct the ADR Process within 10 days from the date both parties signed this consent form, the dispute will revert back to East Carolina University's Grievance and Appeal Policy for Employees Subject to the Personnel Act.
3) Neither Party shall have legal representation during the process.
4) Resolutions involving non-contested case issues are binding. Contested case issues are appealable to the State Personnel Commission.
5) If resolution fails, the agency head will make a final agency decision within five days of the ADR failure. The decision will include any appeal rights the grievant may have.
6) Both parties must be willing to sign a written agreement if resolution is achieved. The agreement can only stay in the employee's file for three years and cannot be transferred to another agency. All non-personnel or non-official related documents will be destroyed at the end of the process.
7) East Carolina University bears the costs associated with this ADR process.
8) The request to utilize the ADR Process; the failure of the ADR Process; the elements or components of any discussions, sessions, hearings, investigations, or other activities in connection with the ADR Process; shall not be admissible as evidence in any proceeding subsequent to the conclusion of the ADR effort.
9) We acknowledge that the ADR Process officially begins when both parties sign this form. We agree to make a good faith effort to resolve this grievance in a fair and timely manner.
Employee: Date: __________
Management Rep: Date: ___________
SUBMIT THIS FORM TO: Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Department of Human Resources, East Carolina University, 210 East First Street, Greenville, NC 27858