Effective Date: 05/13/02
Policy Statement 2: Sales and Solicitation
- Only University-registered organizations (departments, clubs, committees, etc.) will be allowed to sell articles on the Campus of East Carolina University. These organizations may sell items provided that there is no conflict with University-operated or contracted sales. Any assistance or advisement concerning solicitation should be directed to the Student Leadership Development Office. Student needing assistance of advisement concerning solicitation should be directed to the Student Leadership Development Office. All other inquiries should be directed to the Office of Student Success.
- Articles that can be sold are as follows:
- Works of art - paintings, ceramics, sculpture, prints, photographs, and other articles that are of fine art character made by organization members.
- Home baked goods, i.e., pies, cookies, brownies, candies, and similar food items prepared by the organization members.
- Flowers or balloon arrangements (for special occasions)
- T-shirts designed and printed with the respective logo of the student group. These shirts may be sold only within the University unit. Profits must go into the student organization treasury.
- Sales Locations - All door-to-door sales are prohibited.
- Works of art may be sold in gallery areas on Campus and in special outdoor show sites.
- Pies, cookies, brownies, candies, and similar food items prepared by the organization may be sold in the following areas:
- The lobby of the student store
- The designated areas of the residence halls
- Flowers and balloon arrangements may be sold in the lobby of the student store.
- Any sales or solicitation in Mendenhall Student Center must be in accord with policies of the student center.
- Any sales or solicitation in University Residence Halls must be in accord with policies of University Housing.
- Any sales or solicitation in University Dining Facilities must be in accord with policies of University Dining.