Effective Date: 03/01/2000
Policy Statement 4: Evaluation of Equipment for Vendors
From time to time, vendors may request a department to evaluate equipment without obligation to purchase.
When a vendor offers equipment for evaluation and the department is willing to have the equipment installed for evaluation purposes, the department should secure a written agreement using the following basic guidelines:
- Equipment must be adequately identified and described, giving model and serial numbers.
- All shipping charges are to be paid by the vendor.
- Insurance, if any, is the responsibility of the vendor. The University assumes no liability for the equipment. The University may agree to exercise normal operational care and to avoid abuse of the equipment.
- At the end of the evaluation period, the vendor will be responsible for crating and shipping by a carrier of the vendor's choice.
- The evaluation of equipment for a vendor does not give the vendor permission to use the name of the University in any advertisement or as an endorsement. It does not obligate the University to purchase said equipment.