Effective Date: 03/01/2000
Policy Statement 45: Purchase Order
The Purchase Order is a five-part form which is used as the University's official contract document for securing services and materials from commercial vendors. The various copies of the order are distributed as indicated on the form, with two copies being sent to the requesting department: the receiving report and departmental copy.
Each Purchase Order has the following instructions to vendors printed on the reverse side of the order:
Failure on the part of the vendor to comply with all of the following terms and conditions will relieve East Carolina University of any responsibility, and merchandise or equipment shipped against this order will be subject to return shipment at our discretion. The vendor will be fully responsible for postage, freight and restocking charge.
- Invoice each order number separately. Mail in triplicate the day shipment or delivery is made. Purchase order number must be shown on invoice and package. Failure to comply may delay payment.
- Quantities are not to exceed those shown without our written approval. Prices are not to exceed 10% above those shown without written approval. No variance in price will be accepted on bid items.
- No changes in or cancellations of purchase orders will be recognized unless authorized by a "Change Notification Sheet," issued only by our Department of Materials Management Department.
- No merchandise is to be shipped collect or C.O.D.
- Any freight or postage charges shown on invoice are subject to authentication, and overcharges are refundable to East Carolina University or deductible from invoice.
- Unless shipment can be made within 10 days, acknowledgment and acceptance must be submitted.
- Complete packing list must accompany each shipment.
- On all invoices subject to discount, the discount period will be calculated from date correct invoice is received or material is received, whichever is the latter.
- East Carolina University is dedicated to equality of opportunity within its community. Accordingly, East Carolina University does not practice or condone discrimination, in any form, against students, employees, or applicants on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or handicap. East Carolina University commits itself to positive action to secure equal opportunity regardless of those characteristics.
East Carolina University supports the protections available to members of its community under all applicable Federal laws, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 799A and 845 of the Public Health Service Act, the Equal Pay and Age Discrimination Acts, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Executive Order 11246 as amended, Executive Order 11375, and Section 404 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974.
East Carolina University is dedicated to give small businesses and Historically Underutilized Businesses full access and fair and equitable opportunity to participate in the University's procurement activities.