Campus Living, as an university department, is made up of the four key areas- Residence Life, Housing Operations, Dining Services and ECU Student Transit. This web site provides information on Residence Life and Housing Operations.
Here are the main web sites for , ECU Student Transit, and Off Campus Student Services.
Campus Living- Housing Announcements
Remember Belk Hall- Live Construction Camera of the Belk Hall tear down and Building of the Gateway Halls. Click Here
All halls have "wired" and wireless access to the Internet- either one or two ports, depending on the room.
Jarvis Leadership Living Learning Community
Applications for 2015-2016 can be found in the Jarvis Leadership section located within the "Our Community Programs" tab.
Freshman Residency Policy Information
- East Carolina University Freshmen (defined as students who have completed fewer than 30 hours of college credit – excluding AP, dual enrollment, or early college hours) are required to live in college housing for at least two semesters. Exempted from this policy are students who have reached their twenty-first birthday prior to the first day of classes; veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces; married students; students with dependent children (living with them); or students who commute to school daily from the permanent, legal residence of their parents (within a 35 mile radius of campus).
- How does a student get an exemption approved? Students who meet one of the exception criteria will be required to fill out the form which may be downloaded here.
- Can a student who meets one of the exception criteria still live on campus? Yes!
- Why did the University make this change? ECU created this policy based on a desire to further improve student retention. Data shows that students living on campus generally return to school the next year at a higher rate with a higher GPA than those living off campus their first year.
- Students who apply for housing/sign a housing contract will be held to the terms of the Campus Living contract regardless if they qualify for an exemption from the policy. Applying for a freshman residency exemption after you apply for housing WILL NOT release you from the Campus Living Contract.
Campus Living News & Events
- Interested in being an RA for the 2014-2015 Academic Year? Please visit the Join Our Staff tab here for more information on how to apply. Only those applicants with complete application packets, clear judicial record, and minimum GPAs will be considered for open positions. After reading the application information you can simply sign in to fill out your application by clicking on the Building Tomorrow's Leaders icon on the right side of this page. If you have any questions please contact Marcus Silver at RARST@ecu.edu.
- Current on-campus residents and families, please click here for important information regarding housing for the 2014-2015 Academic Year.