Welcome to the SabaCentra Resource Center
What is SabaCentra?
SabaCentra is a web conferencing program which enables a group of people to interact with one another in a virtual online meeting environment. SabaCentra can be accessed "live" anytime from anywhere attendees have access to a computer and an Internet connection. All meetings using SabaCentra are automatically recorded, so those unable to make the live meeting are able to playback the meeting at a later time. Through SabaCentra, instructors or meeting leaders can set up classes or meeting events which provide them with the following capabilities:
- Audibly communicate with others in the class or event
- Utilize live video streams of other user's webcams
- Display and markup a whiteboard
- Display and markup Power Point presentations and digital photos
- Play audio files, video files for students or meeting attendees
- Share your desktop to demonstrate the use of a program or take students or meeting attendees on a tour of the web
- Allow students to meet in SabaCentra on their own for group assignments and organizational meetings
- Anonymously survey students or meeting attendees
- Control the flow of discussion in large online classes, meetings or conferences
- Communicate privately with students or meeting attendees though text chat
- Setup breakout rooms to enable students or meeting attendees to have private discussions on their own during a class or meeting
- Create and administer online exams, which can be automatically graded and reported to the Instructor or meeting leader
In addition to SabaCentra's primary use serving as a classroom for distance education classes, SabaCentra can also be used for a wide variety of applications. Here are some examples of how SabaCentra is currently being used at ECU:
Online streamed recordings
Student small group meetings
Student organizational meetings
Online conference sessions
If you would like to attend one of our SabaCentra Training courses, log into SharePoint at: http://training.ecu.edu to view the ECU training calendar. We offer a basic "SabaCentra Virtual Classroom" training as well as "SabaCentra New and Advanced Features" training. Once you find the class in which you wish to enroll, click on it and follow the prompts. If we are between trainings or the scheduled trainings do not work for you, feel free to contact the SabaCentra Administrator and someone would be happy to come meet with you one-on-one.
If your department has faculty who are interested in SabaCentra and you would like us to come to the location of your choosing for training, we would be happy to do so. Just contact the SabaCentra Administrator for more information.