The Alliance seeks to optimize the preparedness of behavioral health providers working to enhance the resilience, recovery and reintegration of Service members, Veterans, and their Family members and communities throughout the military, post-military, and family life cycles.
Membership in the Alliance is open to family behavioral health providers, educators and others seeking to advance the mission of the Alliance. Membership requires signing on to registration link and taking the initial survey.
The Alliance functions through the network of an Executive Committee that monitors and moves the Alliance agenda forward (5-10 members); a Leadership Committee that represents the various disciplines of Behavioral Health Providers, government agencies, and all branches of the Military Uniformed Services (15-20 members); Contributing Members who participate periodically in the solicitation, development, and vetting and dissemination of resources as well as contributing to the monthly Newsletter; and, Associate Members who are recipients of information primarily through the list serve and with access to Alliance educational resources. This network with its four levels of participation allows for a broad and inclusive sharing of information, resources, and expertise to advance the Alliance Mission.
Participation as a Member of the Alliance offers the following, specific opportunities:
- Access to relevant resources, e.g., Alliance Resource Guides;
- Contribution of information and resources for dissemination by the Alliance;
- Subject matter expertise for panels, summits, and educational and training activities;
- Submission of practice exemplars for consideration and publication on the Alliance web site;
- Participation in designated discussions/meetings;
- Participation in continuing education activities; and
- Submission of contributions for the monthly Newsletter
Contact information for Alliance Facilitator:
Army Marriage and Family Therapy Program Manager:
Commander Brenda L. Gearhart, LCSW-C, USPHS HQ US Army MEDCOM
ATTN: MCHO-CL-H, 2748 Worth Road, Suite 10, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-6010
Questions or Suggestions? Email: Brenda.L.Gearhart@us.army.mil