Child Development & Family Relations
       Articulation Partners
East Carolina University and the following NC Community Colleges have entered into articulation agreements for the AAS in Early Childhood Education and our BS Birth through Kindergarten program (BK). BK is a teacher education program that prepares individuals to work with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners with and without disabilities, as well as those at risk children, and their families. Upon successful completion of all requirements for the program, graduates are recommended to the Department of Public Instruction for initial licensure to teach in the public schools of North Carolina. Our BK program is offered in both face-to-face and online formats.
If you have completed or are working towards completion of the AAS in Early Childhood, check out our Community College Transfer Guide to help you decide on the best courses for you: Community College Transfer Guide.
Pitt Community College has also entered into an Articulation Agreement with ECU for a BS in Family and Community Services. The Family and Community Services program has a specialty in early intervention/child development. This specialty prepares graduates to work with children, birth to five, and their families in child service agencies. Students are required to take courses in child development, early intervention, and early childhood special education. Upon successful completion of the program, students who meet course requirements may apply for the North Carolina Infant Toddler Family Associate (ITFA) Certificate at the Department of Health and Human Services Early Intervention Branch. Program Area Articulation Agreement Early Childhood Education B.S. Degree Completion Child Development/Early Intervention Track in Family and Community Services.
Transfer students must earn a minimum of one-half the hours of credit required for graduation at a regionally accredited senior (four-year) college or university; a minimum of 30 s.h. and one-half of hours required for the major must be completed at ECU. Credit will be granted for courses in which a grade of “C” (2.0) or better was earned at a community college.
Please feel free to contact us at: or 252-328-6908.
College of Human Ecology
Rivers Building | Greenville, NC 27858-4353 USA
Contact Us
© 2014 | terms of use | Last Updated 08/22/2012


Enriching Lives. Enhancing Communities.