The College of Human Ecology will serve as a national model for positively impacting the interface of individuals and their environment by:
- Preparing our students to compete and succeed in a global economy and multicultural society.
- Educating, training, preparing and fostering leaders.
- Transforming health and healthcare through disease management and education to facilitate informed decisions for positive life choices.
- Creating a strong, sustainable future for eastern North Carolina through education, research, innovation, and outreach.
- Enriching lives and enhancing communities through university and community-based programs and outreach activities.