The College of Human Ecology will serve as a national model for positively impacting and transforming the interface of individuals and their environment by:
- Using innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to provide our students with the knowledge, skills, and values to compete and succeed in a global, multicultural society;
- Developing tomorrow’s leaders to serve and inspire positive change;
- Transfiguring health care, promoting wellness, and reducing health disparities through disease management and education to facilitate informed decisions for positive life choices;
- Creating a strong, sustainable future for eastern North Carolina through education, research, innovation, and outreach;
- Enriching lives and enhancing communities through university and community-based programs and outreach activities.