|Click here to apply to East Carolina University. Admission to East Carolina University does not guarantee admissions into your desired program of study.
Applicants must apply to the East Carolina University Graduate School AND to the School of Social Work. School of Social Work Supplemental Application will be available by Fall, 2014 for the January, 2015 deadline.
Candidates seeking admission must fulfill the general requirements of both the Graduate School and the School of Social Work. Criteria include:
- an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- a minimum 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale in all undergraduate work and a 3.0 for the senior year.
- a satisfactory score on either the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Records Exam (GRE).
- a broad-based liberal arts foundation.
- Applicants are required to submit transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities and three letters of reference.
- Enrollment is limited. The School of Social Work only admits students once per year. Part time and Advanced Standing students begin study in the first summer semester, and Fulltime Regular Track students begin in the fall semester. Application deadline for all categories of students is January 8 of the calendar year in which the student will begin the program.
- There is no statement of interest involved. There is a personal essay required for each of the three questions in the application. There is no personal interview.