The mission of the Office of Clinical Skills Assessment and Education is to provide and support nationally recognized clinical teaching and assessment for a continuum of learners represented in the Health Sciences Division.
This mission can best be accomplished by:
- promoting and conducting high quality clinical skills teaching and assessment;
- promoting interdisciplinary and interdepartmental collaboration in health professions education;
- facilitating incorporation of performance-based teaching and assessment techniques into health professions education;
- promoting and collaborating with performance-based faculty development activities throughout the Division of Health Sciences;
- conducting research regarding innovative educational and assessment strategies and programs;
- seeking opportunities for regional and national collaboration in the area of clinical skills assessment and education;
- and managing a "state-of-the-art" facility that enables us to provide comprehensive assessment and clinical education.