Getting Started for Army
Step 1: Review your Military Benefit opportunities and eligibility
Contact your Army Education Service Office to find out what benefits are available to you.
- Work with your Army Education Service Officer (ESO) to set up your paperwork in preparation for Tuition Assistance authorization and any other potential benefits.
Step 2: Apply at ECU as a DE student
Apply at ECU as a DE student. You will work with an ECU Representative and Academic Advisor to discover the course/s and program that is right for your goals.
- An ECU representative will contact you to confirm your application. An Advisor will also be selected for you once your program of study is named.
- Inform the ECU Academic Advisor you are currently serving and are working with your Education Service Officer to obtain your Tuition Assistance authorization and/or any other military benefits.
Step 3: Submit paperwork documenting your prior education
- ECU may need additional information such as a high school transcript, college transcripts, or GED.
- You will work with your ESO and an ECU representative to determine what you need to be admitted.
- Work with your ECU Admission Counselor for help with any paperwork related to prior, non-military education.
- Notify your ECU Admissions Counselor that you have completed the necessary steps in GoArmyEd.com to attend ECU.
Step 4: Acceptance and Benefits Processing
- Upon acceptance to ECU,
- Notify your Army Education Office that you've been accepted to ECU and request Tuition Assistance authorization and/or any other education benefits paperwork.
- Once ECU has reviewed your Tuition Assistance authorization, you can be enrolled in courses.