Study Skills Assistance at the Pirate Tutoring Center
Individual Study Skills Assistance
PTC staff will meet individually with students who wish to improve their study skills on a one on one basis. Assistance focuses on the following topics: obtaining college success, enhancing test taking skills, improving study habits, learning textbook reading tips, effective note taking in lectures, improving academic time management and motivation, developing course success strategies and referrals to other campus resources if needed.
To meet with a PTC Study Skills Coach, contact 737-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Specialized workshops are sponsored by the Pirate Tutoring Center throughout the academic year. Workshops are designed to focus on specific issues facing ECU students and help provide valuable information and strategies to improve and enhance their academic performance.
- RX for Success: shares academic success tips for new intended nursing students.
- Test Prep: offered to prepare students for semester course exams and finals.
- Course Specific Success: staff provide key tips to succeeding in specific subjects each semester.
- Greek Life GPA Recovery: transcript and GPA review for Greek chapters.
- Effective Study Skills: offered Fall and Spring semesters to help students improve study skills.
- Preparing for Finals: PTC staff share course specific tips for final exam success.
PTC resources for ECU students on Blackboard
Course specific and study skills resources are available to ECU students on Blackboard.
To add the PTC Resources site to your Bb account, e-mail email@example.com .