ADMITTED STUDENT CHECKLIST FOR FRESHMEN
Now that you have been admitted, there are several important steps for enrollment that must be completed in the checklist below:
First Things First.❏ Set up your PirateID and email – Please log into the Admissions Portal account you created when you submitted your application. There you will find your PirateID, ECU ID and email address. Then, click here to activate your PirateID and create your secure passphrase. Need help? This helpful tutorial video will walk you through the process.
Important Note: All official correspondence will take place via your ECU email address. This includes tuition and fee bills, financial aid information, and any messages from your academic advisor, academic department, and faculty. Please check it frequently.
❏ Apply for scholarships and financial aid – Make sure to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible. This will determine your eligibility for grants, loans, work-study, and other financial aid programs. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage all fall freshmen to complete the FAFSA by February 14, or as soon as possible thereafter.
East Carolina's FAFSA school code is 002923.
Review our scholarship opportunities specifically for freshmen. You will need to apply for scholarships separately from applying for financial aid. To find out more information on what is available, if you are eligible, and how to apply, visit the University Scholarships webpage.
- Use the PirateID you created earlier to log into PiratePort
- Select the "Tools" tab, and click the "Tuition Statements, 1098-T Statements & Payments" link
- In the new window, select the "eDeposits" tab, choose your start term (i.e. Fall 2018), and click "Select"
- Choose "Enrollment Deposit," click "Select," and then "Continue"
- Choose your desired payment method, and click "Select"
- Follow the steps on the screen to enter and submit your payment information
❏ Register for orientation – Fall term freshmen will chose from one of multiple two-day sessions available during the summer. During orientation, you will take a math placement exam (if necessary), receive academic advising, obtain your student identification card, and complete other important enrollment tasks.
Visit the Orientation website for more information. Registration for Orientation will be available in March.
Send transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Mail Stop 517
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
We also accept electronic transcripts from most transcript services including the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC). Please request to have them sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: All admission decisions are contingent on your continued success. Students must maintain freshman requirements throughout the remainder of all coursework prior to their start term.
❏ Submit proof of immunizations to ECU Student Health Services – Immunizations are a state law requirement and failure to comply will result in academic withdrawal. Students must also complete the online Report of Medical History form by logging into their Online Student Health account at https://ecu.medicatconnect.com/.
Visit the Student Health Services Checklist for New Pirates for more information about health related requirements.
❏ Social security number verification – The Internal Revenue Service requires East Carolina University to verify social security numbers (SSN) annually for accurate tax reporting on 1098-T forms. Having an accurate SSN on tax forms supports the tax deduction that a student or family may claim for qualified educational expenses on both federal and state income tax returns. Failure to provide ECU with an SSN may result in the student being fined in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code section 6723.
Honors College Questions or Concerns – If you have questions regarding your application or admission status to the Honors College, please visit the Honors College website or contact their office at 252-328-6373 or email@example.com.
Contacts to Know
- Cashier – 252-737-6886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar – 252-328-6524 or email@example.com
- Parking and Transportation – 252-328-6294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Living and Dining – 252-328-4663
- Financial Aid – 252-328-6610 or email@example.com
- Student Veteran Services – 252-737-6542 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Services – 252-328-6841 or email@example.com
- Office of Student Transitions – 252-328-4173 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Disability Support Services – 252-737-1016 or email@example.com