Degree candidates who wish to participate in the ceremony must make a reservation through the Commencement main page.
- Degree candidates must bring their academic robes. Please refer to the section on Academic Regalia in this web site for further information regarding commencement dress.
- Candidates requiring accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should notify the Department of Disability Support Services at least two weeks prior to commencement at 252-737-1016 (voice/TTY).
- East Carolina University plans appropriate security procedures to assure a safe environment for everyone at its public events. Any personal items brought to public events at East Carolina University are subject to inspection.
- Candidates will go through security screening. Alcoholic beverages and fireworks are illegal. Compliance with the law is essential and will be enforced. Violations can result in a candidate being removed from the ceremony.
- Degree candidates whose behavior is impaired will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Family members, friends, and guests of the degree candidates should enter Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum through Gates 1,2,3 or 4. Gates 1,2 & 3 have the best access to the elevator.
- Voluntary compliance of responsible, mature, and preferable conduct is necessary to ensure that commencement will be dignified and memorable, a proud event in the degree candidate's life, and a credit to the University.
- Diplomas are mailed to degree candidates at the end of the semester in which they complete the degree requirements.
- Handicapped parking and seating will be available at Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum for family and guests. Individuals in need of other accommodations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Department for Disability Support Services (DSS) at least two weeks prior to the event. DSS can be reached at (252) 737-1016 or by e-mail at email@example.com.