Documents to be Submitted
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses completed.
- GRE Scores
- Official report of GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical writing).
- TOEFL score (non-English speaking international students)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which should be from those familiar with the applicant's academic performance and promise.
- Personal Statement
- The Personal Statement should demonstrate
- the basis for the applicant's interest in coastal resources management;
- how the CRM program will contribute to the applicant's long-term career aspirations;
- what the applicant can contribute to the program and fellow students; and
- a clear indication that the applicant recognizes the sustained personal commitment required for successful completion of the doctorate, including the two-year residency requirement;
- a preliminary indication of the likely area of concentration and complementary areas; and
- an explicit statement of whether funding is requested or not. (This Personal Statement may substitute for that required by the Graduate School.)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample
- Examples or excerpts from formal papers or published articles that demonstrate the applicant's writing and analytical skills.