CRMers in the News
March - ECU leads the pack; we have the most students (19) registered to attend the upcoming NC MarCo Consortium Graduate Student Symposium being held at Duke University Marine Lab Campus in Beaufort on Friday, March 31st. MarCo focuses on marine and coastal science in our state. Go Pirates!
January - Becky Deehr ('12) was named Educator of the Week by National Geographic magazine for "creating an impactful, low-maintenance impact project that fuses art and science, recognizes female environmentalists, and inspires her students to fight for what they believe in."
Other things happening...
- Coastal Social. Meet students and faculty at Crossbone's Pub in Uptown Greenville on Wednesdays at 5:00 pm.
- Volunteer Opportunity with "A Time for Science"
- Friday, April 21st from 5-9pm
- We will supervise elementary school children during their Star Party. Contact Tyler to sign up or get further information.
- Recruitment Event at Mellow Mushroom
- Friday, April 28th 5:30-8:30 pm
- Along with pizza we'll hold a cornhole tournament to raise funds for a charity.
- Hans Highway Cleanup To honor our esteemed former director, we volunteer to clean up a stretch of Evans Road. The next clean-up will be...
- Saturday, February 17th. Meet at 9:00 at the gravel lot at the northwest corner of Firetower and Evans.
- The Coastal Society, ECU Chapter monthly meeting
The next meeting will be a joint meeting with the AFS chapter in Flanagan 247 (the 'fireplace' room in front of the ICSP office on...
- Thursday April 6th at 5:00 pm
- American Fisheries Society, ECU Chapter monthly meeting will be a joint meeting with the ECU chapter in Flanagan 247 on...
- Thursday, April 6th at 5:00 pm
- Oyster Roast - January 14, 2017
The student chapters of The Coastal Society and the American Fisheries Society work together to host a very fun oyster roast at the North Carolina Estuarium in Washington in the early part of spring semester. In addition to great food we'll have live music from The Martin County Ramblers. To purchase tickets contact an AFS or TCS officer.
- Orgsync Online Campus Community
To join The Coastal Society or other campus organizations please sign up with OrgSync by following the link.
- ICSP / TCS Barbecue - Each semester we hold a barbecue in the courtyard of Flanagan and participants are asked to either bring a side dish or make a small donation to ICSP staff or TCS officers.
- Fall Semester 2016 date is Friday, October 21st at noon
Conferences CRM students typically attend:
- 3MT Competition: Three Minute Thesis
- October 26, 2016, ECU Campus, Greenville, North Carolina
- Register at htpps://ecu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cLMAFcU0La3RlgV
- American Ecological Engineering Society 16th Annual Meeting
- August 6-11, 2017, Portland, Oregon
- American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting
- August 20-24, 2017, Tampa, Florida
- American Fisheries Society Southern Division Meeting
- February 2-5, 2017, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- American Fisheries Society Tidewater Chapter Meeting
- March 9-11, 2017, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography
- February 11-16, 2018, Portland, Oregon
- Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting
- April 10-14, 2018, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Atlantic Estuarine Research Society
- March 16-18, 2017, St. Marys College, Maryland
- T-Shirt design contest, deadline February 10, 2017.
- Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation
- November 5-9, 2017, Providence, Rhode Island
- ECU Research and Creative Achievement Week
- April 3-7, 2017, ECU Campus, Greenville, North Carolina
- Abstract submission deadline: February 3
- Geological Society of America Annual Meeting
- October 22-25, 2017, Seattle, Washington
- Abstract deadline, February 1, 2017 www.geosociety.org/GSA/events/GSA2017.aspx
- National Adaptation Forum
- May 9-11, 2017, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Travel support applications accepted Jan. 1 - Feb. 17
- National Association of Environmental Professionals Conference
- March 11-14, 2018, Tacoma, Washington
- Abstracts due September 14, 2017
- Ocean Sciences Meeting
- February 11-16, 2018, Portland, Oregon
- Restore America's Estuaries Summit on Coastal and Estuarine Restoration
- December 8-13, 2018, Long Beach, California
- Southeastern Division of the Association of American Geographers
- April 5-9, 2017, Boston, Massachusetts
- The Coastal Society
- December 8-12, 2018, Long Beach, California
- The Social Coast Forum
- February ??, 2018, Charleston, South Carolina
- Water and Health Conference
- October 16-20, 2017, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Check out our newsletter the Coastal Breeze!