- Entered Program: 2011
- Primary Track: Coastal Geosciences
- Adviser: Dr. Scott Curtis
- Hometown: Richmond, Virginia
- Education: BS Atmospheric Science - University of North Carolina at Asheville, 2007; MA Geography - East Carolina University, 2010
- Research Interests: Synoptic weather and climatology with a focus in coastal storms and related socio-economic impacts.
I have been fascinated about the weather since I was a kid. My experience growing up at the coast and background in meteorology and geography has instilled a strong interest in weather phenomena and its impact at the coast. My current research examines coastal cyclones (i.e. Nor'easters & Hurricanes) relationship with a thirty-three storm surge dataset from Duck, NC.