Hours of Operation
||9:00am – 8:00pm
||9:00am – 4:00pm
|*ALL exams must be pre-scheduled two days in advance!
- Appointments are scheduled on the hour.
- At 5:00pm each day, the entrance door is locked and admission requires proper identification.
- At this time, there is no fee for any UNC system student.
- Please note the ECU DE Proctoring Center (DEPC) is equipped with surveillance cameras stationed at the entrance, lobby/sign in desk, hallways, and testing rooms. Students must consent to being videotaped while in the proctoring center and to having your examination monitored; including but not limited to, the remote viewing of your computer screen by the proctor and/or proctoring center. If you do not consent, you will not be able to take the exam at this location.
- DEPC proctors university level distance education courses. DEPC does not proctor standardized test: SAT, LSAT, MAT, GMAT, GRE, etc.
Scheduling Exam Appointments
Appointments are scheduled using the UNC Online Proctoring Network website. A two day window is required to schedule appointments; same day appointment requests will not be processed.
Other Distance Education Proctoring Services
If you require proctoring services and your Distance Education course falls into one of these categories:
- Your DE professor requires proctoring but does not use the UNC Online Proctoring Network
- Your DE course is from another UNC System school or you are dual enrolled in a community college
- You must schedule an exam outside of the exam window
Please follow the instructions below.
Please email email@example.com with all the information below. A copy of your email must be addressed to your professor for notification purposes and must be received four days prior to your desired appointment. Incomplete information will not be honored. All communications from the DEPC office will be addressed to your student email account.
- Subject: Proctor Exam (Your School Name)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Your student email address (Required)
- Your Contact Number
- University Name
- Course Name
- Course Number
- Professor’s name, Email Address, and Contact Number
- The Exam Window
- Length of Exam (1hr, 1:30, 2 hrs, etc.)
- Exam Type: Paper or Electronic
- Date of Requested Appointment—Indicate the Top Three Dates
- Time of Appointment—Indicate Top Three Choices (hourly appointments)
Upon receipt of your email, an appointment confirmation email will be sent to you within 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
Students are responsible for making sure their exam is received at the ECU DE Proctoring Center 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. To verify receipt of exam, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- If you are more than 20 minutes late for your appointment without contacting our office, you will have to reschedule your appointment.
- Bring only items needed to take your exam. Please leave all personal items in your vehicle
- Only water is permitted in the testing room, no other beverages or food.
- Student must present a current picture identification card; either a student ID or a government issued ID (Current Driver’s License or Passport)
- Note: You will not be allowed to take your exam without acceptable ID. (Apartment ID, Bank Card ID, etc are not acceptable forms of ID).
- Student will log in at the front desk. Please note that there may be some delay during midterms and final exam periods. You will be assisted as quickly as possible.
- Exam instructions will be read to the student before entering the testing room. Note: Proctors do not have access to exam materials located within Blackboard other than the password prompt.
- Student will be asked to remove hat/hoodie or any item that obscures the view.
- Student will be assigned a workstation by the proctor
- The time clock does not start until you begin the exam.