Early Assurance Program in Medicine - Current Students
Students who accept a position in the Early Assurance Program must maintain certain academic standards and participate in various activities to remain eligible for their guaranteed seats in the entering class. These requirements include:
- earning a minimum GPA (both overall and science) of 3.5
- remaining eligible for the Honors College
- completing all pre-med requirements by the end of the sophomore year
- taking at least 3 foundations courses (9 credit hours) on campus in the humanities, social sciences, and/or fine arts
- maintaining "an acceptable level of personal deportment"
- participating in required group and enrichment activities during all four years (BSOM student buddy sessions, medical exposure, summer programs, service learning, AED participation, leadership roles, periodic advising at BSOM, etc.)