The EC Scholar award is offered to the top students in our entering freshman class. EC Scholars exhibit outstanding academic performance, engagement in the community, effective leadership skills, and embrace a study abroad experience. The EC Scholar Award Program includes:
- A scholarship valued at $62,000, which includes a $5,000 stipend to complete a required study abroad experience
- Research internship placement alongside faculty and graduate students
- Enrichment experiences in Charleston, South Carolina and Washington, D.C.
- Pre-College, team-building retreat in North Carolina’s Outer Banks
Students who are selected as EC Scholar finalists and
invited to Selection Sunday are also eligible for discipline-based scholarships
in the following areas: business, humanities, music, and social
science. These four-year awards provide additional scholarship support above and beyond the scholarship and benefits awarded by the Honors College and EC Scholars program.
- Participation in the Honors College living-learning community in Gateway Hall, ECU's newest residence hall
- Access to a wide array of innovative Honors seminars and colloquia
- Priority course registration
- Graduate-level borrowing privileges at Joyner Library
- Additional advising and support
- Leadership and community engagement opportunities in eastern North Carolina and beyond
The EC Scholars program is a merit scholarship program established in 1998 that attracts high-ability students to East Carolina University who have the promise and capability to become scholars and leaders in eastern North Carolina and beyond. This is the most prestigious scholarship offered at East Carolina University.
We welcome inquiries about the program! For additional information about the EC Scholars Program, please e-mail email@example.com or contact Dr. Todd Fraley, Director of the EC Scholars Award Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252.737.5083.