Now in Our 29th Year of Service to East Carolina University!
In Memoriam: Marguerite Austin Perry, 1918-2015
A founding member of the ECU Retired Faculty Association in 1987
Our Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association (ECURFA) is to provide retired faculty with a continuing link to the university and to colleagues and friends through social activities, receptions, and group travel. It provides an opportunity to give back to the university through an endowment fund, which has established graduate and undergraduate scholarships.
- Dr. Tom Feldbush, President, 252-758-3644
- CDR Archie T. Smith, Vice President, 252-752-7669
- Dr. Paul Tschetter, Secretary, 252-258-2927
- Mr. Frank Rabey, Treasurer, 252-756-0389
- Mr. Art Haney, Past President, 252-756-6957
Office: 1914 West Arlington Blvd., Room 105 (the ECU Distance Education Proctoring Center), 252-737-2924.
All retired ECU faculty members (including those on phased retirement) and retired ECU EPA Staff are de-facto members of the ECU Retired Faculty Association;and spouses of deceased members are eligible for associate membership. If you have retired or are the spouse of a deceased member, but have not been invited to join the ECURFA, please call the ECU Retired Faculty Association office at 252-737-2924. Membership dues ($15.00, yearly, or $75.00, lifetime), may be sent to the ECU Foundation Gift Records Department, 2200 S. Charles Blvd., Greenville NC 27858). Please click here for ECURFA Dues and Donation Form.
- NEW! Pitt County Sheriff's Office, Citizens Academy. Learn about the various responsiblities of the Pitt County Sheriff's Office. The ten-week classes begin January 12th. Please contact Desha Lane, Programs Coordinator by phone at 902-2776 or by e-mail at
Desha.email@example.com by December 11, 2015.
- Brew Tour, November 20th, to the Mother Earth Brewing Company in Kinston. The cost is $50 per person, which includes the bus, a tour, and tasting 5 different beers. The bus will leave Greenville at 10:30 AM and return at 5:00 PM. Anyone interested in joining us, please call BETSY CUTHRELL at the LIFELONG LEARNING PROGRAM, 252-328-9196, or send her an email at CUTHRELLB14@ECU.EDU. Details regarding departure point can be answered by Betsy. Tell her you are a member of the East Carolina Retired Faculty Association.
- State Health Plan Changes and Information for 2016. (Please click here to visit Web page for State Health Plan.)
- ECURFA Pre-retirement Seminars . (Please click here for tentative schedule, beginning October 18.)
- ECURFA Retired Faculty Forum, Fall Schedule; meetings at Family Medicine Auditorium, 2nd floor, 101 Heart Drive, 3:00-5:00 p.m.:
- December 8, Al Delia and Lars Larson (Brody School of Medicine; "Diseases of Retired Populations and Access to Health Care").
- We hold board meetings quarterly, in January, April, July, and October. We also conduct a business meeting of the membership in the spring each year.
- We hold a social twice a year for retired ECU faculty members and invited guests. The Fall Social was held October 27th.
- We publish a newsletter, The Golden News, twice a year.
- We meet as the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association Dutch Luncheon, usually on the first Thursday of each month. The November 5th luncheon was at Kickback Jack's, 420 Red Banks Road (former location of Tripp's Restaurant) at 1 p.m. Please call Frank Rabey at 252-756-0389 for more information, or consult the Daily Reflector.
- We organize group travel for ECURFA members and "friends." Please contact Tom Feldbush for suggestions for trips.
By-Laws of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association
Policies and Procedures Manual of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association:
Privileges for Retired Faculty
Parking Policy for Retired Faculty:
Retired Faculty have been issued notices to renew their parking permits for the 2015-2016 school year. Parking and Transportation Services (252-328-6294/6963 office) has sent out letters offering a free Retired Faculty parking permit to park in zones B1, B3, B5, and C. The university has reserved ten parking spaces for retired faculty:
- two spaces on the 10th Street side of Joyner Library;
- two across 10th Street from the Brewster Building;
- two in the circle north of Bloxton House;
- two west of the old Cafeteria; and
- two east of the Rivers Building.
- There are also two B1 lots near the Student Recreation Center: in the old Hardee's lot and behind the townhouses at the corner of Cotanche and 9th streets.
Please click here to read the parking policy for retired faculty. Please click here to see a map of B1, B3, and B5 parking locations, on page 2 of the map. As the university is becoming a pedestrian campus, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use the Student Transit system to attend events on campus. Riders are expected to have an ECU 1 Card [although a university picture ID card may suffice].
Use of ECU E-mail by Retired Faculty:
Please click on the link above for the policy regarding use of ECU e-mail by Retired Faculty. For additional information, one may ask for help by calling the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 or 800.340.7081.
ECU Scholarship Endowment.
We thank the Office of Alumni Relations and the Division of Academic Affairs, Provost's Office, for their administrative support!
This month's picture: Chancellor search at ECU.
The URL of this Web site is http://www.ecu.edu/ecurfa
Webmaster: Michael G. Cotter, Asst. Prof. Emeritus, Library Services