Office of Academic Affairs
New Faculty Orientation

BlackBoardIT Help DeskPirateIDIndexEmail and PhoneOneStopCalendarAccessibility
looking up at the come of the ECU Cupola from underneath
Photo Information: The cupola on ECU's campus is a double-sized replica of the domed roof structure that once crowned the top of the original Austin Building, one of the first buildings constructed on campus which was used for classrooms and administrative offices. It was torn down in 1969.
Learn more about the cupola.

Payroll Office

All new faculty, staff, & student employees are required to submit an NC-4 and a W-4 form.

You may complete your NC-4 State and W-4 Federal Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate online through OneStop Banner Self Service. Instructions on how to access the NC-4 and W-4 through Banner Self Service are available in the New Employee Orientation PowerPoint which can be found at The NC-4 and W-4 will not be available through Banner Self Service until your department has set up your job in the payroll system and it has been processed by Human Resources (HR). If you prefer to print and complete the paper NC-4 and/or W-4 forms, you may submit the original forms to your department for routing to the Payroll Office. Forms can be found at

Direct Deposit is mandatory for all NC state employees.The Direct Deposit form must be printed, completed and returned to the Payroll office within 30 days of your hire date. The authorization for direct deposit form can be found at

If you have any questions regarding payroll or completing the forms please contact the payroll department at

If you are an international employee and need to schedule an appointment to complete your tax assessment or have any questions regarding payroll, please contact the international tax unit in the payroll department at

Please visit our website for more payroll information