2017-2018 Forms & Publications (Fall 2017, Spring 2018 & Summer 2018)
What is an IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter?
An IRS Verification of Non-filing letter provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year requested.
Beginning with 2017-2018, non-tax filers selected for verification are required to submit a 2015 IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter to their schools financial aid office.
Non Tax filers can request and IRS Verification of Non-filing of their 2015 tax return status, free of charge, from the IRS by completing IRS Form 4506-T, which available below. Mail or fax the completed IRS Form 4506-T to the address (or Fax number) provided on page 2 of Form 4506-T. Please do not mail, email, and/or fax IRS Form 4506-T to our office.
Federal Verification- Students and/or Parents should ONLY submit documentation that has been requested.
Tax Transcript Request Form-IRS Form 4506T-EZ
Verification of Non-filling Letter-IRS Form 4506-T
How to Request IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter:
- Complete lines 1-4, following instructions on page 2 of the form.
- Line 3: enter the non filer's street address and zip code or postal code. Use the address currently on file with the IRS.
- Line 5 provides non filers with the option to have their IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter mailed directly to a third party by the IRS. Do not have your IRS Verification of Non-filing letter sent directly to ECU.
- Line 7: Select the checkbox on the right hand side for Verification of Non-filing.
- Line 9: Year or period requested field, enter "12/31/2015".
- The non filer must sign and date the form and enter their telephone number. Only one signature is required when requesting a joint IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter.
- Mail or fax the completed IRS Form 4506-T to the address (or Fax number) provided on page 2 of Form 4506-T. Please do not mail,email and/or fax IRS Form 4506-T to our office.
- If the 4506-T information is successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter at the address provided on their request within 5 to 10 days.
- Make sure to include the students name and Banner ID on the IRS Verification of Non-filing letter.
17-18 Dependent Student Verification Worksheet
17-18 Dependent Student Verification of Untaxed Income
17-18 Parent Asset Form
17-18 Parent Verification of Marital Status and Tax Filing Status Form
17-18 Parent Head of Household Form
17-18 Parent Additional Information Worksheet
17-18 Independent Student Verification Worksheet17-18 Independent Student Verification of Untaxed Income
17-18 Student Asset Form
17-18 Student Verification of Marital Status and Tax Filing Status Form
17-18 Student and Spouse Head of Household Form
17-18 Student Citizenship Form17-18 Student Additional Information Worksheet
17-18 Dependency Status Validation Form
17-18 Additional Aid and Other Resources Form
17-18 Paper FAFSA
17-18 Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose Form
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan- NEW PLUS Loan Counseling Requirement
All graduate students requesting the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the current academic year (2017-2018). You may begin submitting your electronic application online beginning April 1, 2017 at www.studentloans.gov.
17-18 Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Application
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan- NEW PLUS Loan Counseling Requirement
All students and families requesting the Federal Direct Parent Plus loan must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the current academic year (2017-2018). You may begin submitting your electronic application online beginning April 1, 2017 at www.studentloans.gov.
17-18 Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application
Federal Direct Stafford Loan
Federal Direct Stafford Loan Reinstatement Form
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Spring 2018 Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
17-18 Second Degree Form
17-18 Special Circumstance Petition
17-18 Request to Consider Additional Costs
17-18 Study Abroad Financial Aid Checklist for Bilateral Exchange, UNCEP, ISEP, Consortium, & Non ECU Programs
17-18 Study Abroad Financial Aid Checklist for ECU Faculty-Led Programs
17-18 Study Abroad Cost Form
Private Education Loan
Private Education Loan Self-Certification Form
An institution must provide the Self-Certification form to the applicant with the information requested in Section 2 of the form, to the extent that the institution possesses the information. Section 2 of the Self-Certification form requests the following information:
The student's Cost of Attendance (COA) for the period of enrollment covered by the loan; Any Estimated Financial Assistance (EFA) for the period of enrollment covered by the loan; and the difference between the COA and EFA.
The Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form, in both Microsoft Word and pdf format, is provided with this letter. Institutions and private education lenders are responsible for ensuring that the form they use is identical to the form approved by OMB. No changes may be made to the form except as expressly discussed below.
The enclosed Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form must be printed by the institution (or lender) with black ink on white paper. The typeface, point size, and general presentation of the form may not be changed from the version approved by OMB. However, bold type in sections headings may be removed and bold or italic type may be added to the instructions. While institutions and lender's may use any blank spaces at the top, bottom or sides of the form for bar coding or other institution/lender-specific information, such space may not be used to include the student's (or parent's) Social Security Number.