Accepting Award Offer
1. Review your award to accept and/or decline the offer.
- Select "Banner Self Service"
Select "Award for Aid Year"
- Select the appropriate aid year and click submit
- Select "Accept Award Offer" tab
- Choose "Accept" or "Decline" in the drop menu beside each offer
- Once final decision has been made click "Submit Decision"
2. Grants are automatically accepted.
3. First Time Borrowers of a Federal Direct Stafford Loan will need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
4. First Time Borrowers of Federal Parent PLUS or Graduate PLUS will need to complete a Master Promissory Note.
5. If you were offered a Perkins Loan and accepted it you will need to complete a Perkins Master Promissory Note with ECU Student Loan Accounting.
6. Complete the Additional Aid and Other Resources form or submit a copies of all outside scholarship award notices to ECU Office of Student Financial Aid if applicable.
7. Complete the ECU Buckley Form.
- This form allows our office to discuss financial aid information with authorized individuals in your absence such as your parent(s) or spouse. After you log into OneStop, there will be a link on the left to the Buckley Form, enter the information for each person you would like o have access to your file. You must update their status every year.
8. Excess Financial Aid will disburse within the first week of school for each term.
9. Right to Cancel
- Federal regulations require the University to notify the student borrower (or parent of a Parent PLUS Loan) of the right to cancel all or a portion of your loan(s). To do so, you must submit a written request to our office and include the following information: type of loan to be canceled, amount of loan to be canceled, date of request, and signature of the borrower(s).