1. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to you by the US Department of Education for your:
- Expected family contribution (EFC)
- PELL eligibility
- Comments to see if corrections are required or to determine if you have been selected for verification.
2. Schools listed on the FAFSA will receive your data.
- ECU will receive your results within 5-7 business days from the date it was submitted to the US Department of Education.
3. Watch for the results of your Financial Aid Application
- Check your ECU email periodically for financial aid information, additional requirements, and your award offer.
- The US Department of Education selects approximately 30% of a school’s population for verification. If you are selected for verification you will be notified through your ECU email account. This email will contain a list of documents you must submit to our office before we can continue to process your award.
- If additional information is requested please submit them within 10 business days of notification. Please include your name and ECU Banner ID on all documents.
4. The Office of Student Financial Aid will award financial aid to eligible students.
- Incoming Freshmen beginning April 1
- Currently Enrolled Students beginning- pending
- Transfer Students beginning-pending
- Graduate Students beginning-pending