Forms & Publications
Actions Affecting Eligibility
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Summer Information & Application Process
Students applying for Federal Student Aid must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
2. Have a valid Social Security Number (unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).
3. Be registered with Selective Service if you are a male and 18 to 25 years of age.
4. Have a high school diploma or General Education Development Certificate (GED) or passed an exam approved by the US Department of Education.
5. Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program at a school that participates in the Federal Student Aid Program.
6. Not have a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while you were received federal student aid such as grants, loans, or work-study.
7. Must not owe a refund on a Federal Grant or be in default on a Federal Student Loan.
8. Must demonstrate financial need (except for Unsubsidized Stafford Loans)