Occasionally families experience changes in income and/or resources such as:
- loss of job(s) or benefit income
- one-time nonrecurring income
- separation or divorce of student or parent
- death of a parent or student's spouse
- excessive medical expenses not covered by insurance
- other catastrophic event affecting family income
As a result of these unexpected changes students and/or parents have the right to file a Special Circumstance Petition. All requests must include supporting documentation. Failing to provide proper documentation will result in a denial of the petition. Students with approved petitions will be notified of changes via their ECU email account.