Steps to Apply
1. Apply for admission to ECU. 2. Apply for an FSA ID.
3. Gather the information that you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) such as:
- The FSA ID is a username and password that is unique to you as an individual. It is used to access your personal information and to sign the FAFSA electronically.
- FSA ID's
- Student and/or Parent Social Security Numbers
- Federal Income Tax Returns
- W-2 forms or documentation of money earned during the tax year
- Untaxed income (child support, TANF, payments to tax-deffered pension, worker's compensation)
- Current balance of cash, savings, and checking accounts
- Net worth of business and investments
- ECU's Federal School Code is 002923.
5. Utilize the IRS Data Retrieval tool to link your Federal Income Tax Return to the FAFSA. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this tool when completing the FAFSA.
- As long as you have filed your federal income tax return, you can link to the IRS website directly from the FAFSA and automatically populate the FAFSA income questions related to your tax return.
6. Apply for scholarships by visiting the Office of University Scholarships and ECUAWard webpage for scholarship opportunities on campus.
7. Check your ECU email account and/or PiratePort for additional information regarding your financial aid status and/or additional information required.