All students at East Carolina University are responsible for:
- Acknowledging and meeting all deadlines for applying or reapplying for Financial Aid.
- Providing complete and accurate information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and financial aid forms. Misreporting of information for federal aid is a violation of the law and is considered criminal offense.
- Responding to all requests for additional documentation in a timely manner.
- Reading, understanding, and accepting responsibility for all documents and forms that must be signed and keep copies of them.
- Providing updated information when changes occur such as a withdrawal from school, a change in name, marital status, housing, or expected date of graduation.
- Reading, understanding, and complying with all published financial aid policies.
- Informing the Office of Student Financial Aid of any and all outside scholarships or resources available to assist you in attending ECU.
- Being in good Academic Standing with the university as well as maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Notifying ECU and your lender of any changes in address.
- Performing in a satisfactory manner within all Federal Work-Study positions.