1999-2000 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: University Curriculum
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Ex-officio member with vote: Brenda Killingsworth, Chair of
the Faculty or Linda Wolfe, her representative; Eliot Frank,
chair General Education committee; Ex-officio members
without vote: the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor for
Academic Affairs or Rita Reaves, his representative; Regular
members: Steve Estes, Ron Graziani, Thomas Huener,
Dale Knickerbocker, Greg Lapicki, Iona Poston, Janis
Shea[through December], Elizabeth Smith, James O. Smith,
and John Whitehead.
2. Meeting Dates (include members absent).
9 September 1999
14 October 1999
9 December 1999
27 January 2000
10 February 2000
24 February 2000
9 March 2000
27 April 2000
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include
progress and/or completion of work).
Subcommittee to revise the various submission forms and
make them ready for on line submission continued work to
refine the forms
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as
addressed through committee goals. Include
recommendations made to agencies other than the Faculty
Senate as well as the Faculty Senate.
The committee met its charge in a diligent and timely
manner. The major accomplishment of the committee this
year was to refine the electronic submission process and
the forms for submission. The forms have become much
more useable and understandable. Electronic submission
has been successful-- only one submission was made this
year by the old method.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and
16 November, 1999 99-26
7 December, 1998 99-29
1 February, 2000 00- 4
22 February, 2000 00- 8
21 March, 2000 00-16
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority
1. Examine current submission forms for ease of use and
investigate web based form.
2. Revise current web page for ease of use.
3. Hold workshop on electronic submission.
4. Consider changing time of meeting start to 2:00
from 1:30 to accommodate those with 12:30 classes.
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that
hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: adequate
B. Personnel: Excellent, a hard working group
who readily accepted their responsibility. Although the
method of submission changed in mid year, the members
accepted these changes well. This caused inconvenience to
them but they responded well. The members of this
committee always come well prepared and ready to work.
C. Attendance: Satisfactory, the only absences
were due to illness or other university business.
D. Responsibilities: The one-year catalog appears
to have helped the work load.
E. Activities: Satisfactory
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or
Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the
1. The Faculty Senate should encourage units to participate
in the workshops next year.
2. The committee wishes to remind units that it is their
responsibility to file items in a timely manner.
9. Does the Committee's organizational meeting next
year need to be earlier than the date set this year? No