ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2004-2005 Academic Year
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Jeff Phipps Theatre and Dance
John Crammer Computer Science
Rebecca Powers Sociology
Punam Madhok Art and Design
Stephen Dock Foreign Languages
Trey Martindale Education
Jonathan Dembo Academic Library Services
EX-OFFICIO MEMBERS with vote:
Austin Bunch Rep. of Chancellor
Angela Anderson Rep. of Provost-Registrar
Nancy House Faculty Senator –Art and Design
Mary Farwell Rep. of Chair of the Faculty-Biology
Maggie O’Neill Rep. of Student Government Association
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*). * and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
Jeff Phipps, John Crammer, Rebecca Powers, Trey Martindale, Jonathan Dembo, Angela Anderson, Mary Farwell, Nancy House, Maggie O’Neill
Jeff Phipps, John Crammer, Rebecca Powers, Trey Martindale, Austin Bunch, Mary Farwell, Maggie O’Neill, Amy Bissette (for Angela Anderson)
Jeff Phipps, Rebecca Powers, Trey Martindale, Jonathan Dembo, John Crammer, Austin Bunch, Mary Farwell, Amy Bissette (for Angela Anderson), Nancy House
Jeff Phipps, Trey Martindale, Jonathan Dembo, Stephen Dock, Punam Madhok, John Crammer, Austin Bunch, Angela Anderson, Nancy House
Jeff Phipps, Trey Martindale, Jonathan Dembo, Punam Madhok, John Crammer, Rebecca Powers, Angela Anderson, Nancy House
Jonathan Dembo, Jeff Phipps, Rebecca Powers, Punam Madhok, John Crammer, Austin Bunch, Amy Bissette (for Angela Anderson), Nancy House
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work).
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals. Please include
recommendations made to any University agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: No problems
B. Personnel: The committee worked well together. Encourage greater participation by the student representative.
C. Attendance: Faculty teaching schedules limit choices of when the committee can meet.
D. Responsibilities: No problems.
E. Activities: The committee created a calendar for the 2006-2007 academic year, as is its charge.
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
The Faculty Senate should establish a policy determining the circumstances that would cause lost class time to be made up and a timetable for announcing the decision and implementation of the policy.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year?
_______ yes ______X____ no
If yes, when do you prefer: _____________________________________________
Signed: Chairperson John Crammer
Secretary Rebecca Powers
The completed, typed report, including both the Chair and
Secretary's signatures, is due in the Faculty Senate office (140 Rawl Annex) by