ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2005-2006 Academic Year
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Art Rodriguez Chemistry Secretary
Ralph Scott Academic Library Services Vice-Chair
Cal Christian Business Chair
Carol Lust Allied Health Sciences
Michael Poock Education
Ex-Officio Members with vote:
Elmer Poe Rep. of Chancellor - Academic Affairs
Joe Gaddis Rep. of Provost - Academic Affairs
Gary Vanderpool Rep. of VC for Health Sciences – Health Sciences
Andrea Harrell Rep. of VC for Research and Graduate Studies- Research and Graduate Studies
Kevin Seitz VC for Administration and Finance
Henry Ferrell Rep. of Chair of the Faculty - History
Catherine Rigsby Faculty Senator - Geology
Cole Jones Rep. of Student Government Association
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*). * and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
August 2, 2005:
Cal Christian, Henry Ferrell, Ralph Scott
September 8, 2005
Cal Christian, Henry Ferrell, Carol Lust, Michael Poock, Art Rodriquez, Ralph Scott, Joe Gaddis, Andrea Harrell, Kevin Seitz, James LeRoy Smith, Gary Vanderpool. Elmer Poe
September 15, 2005
October 6, 2005
Cal Christian, Nancy House, Michael Poock, Art Rodriquez, Ralph Scott, Joe Gaddis, Andrea Harrell, Henry Ferrell, Kevin Seitz, Gary Vanderpool.
Others: Provost James Smith, Lori Lee
November 17, 2005
Cal Christian, Michael Poock, Art Rodriquez, Ralph Scott, Carol Lust, Andrea Harrell, Henry Ferrell, Gary Vanderpool.
Others: Lori Lee and Jim Westmoreland
December 15, 2005
Nancy House, Carol Lust, Cal Christian, Michael Poock, Joe Gaddis, Andrea Harrell
January 19, 2006
Cal Christian, Art Rodriquez, Ralph Scott and Carol Lust, Andrea Harrell, Henry Ferrell, Joe Gaddis, Elmer Poe, Gary Vanderpool and Kevin Seitz. Others: Lori Lee
February 16, 2006
Cal Christian, Art Rodriguez, Michael Pook, Ralph Scott, Henry Ferrell, Elmer Poe, Gary Vanderpool Kevin Seitz.
Others in Attendance: Lori Lee, Stephani Coleman, and Susan Chapman
March 16, 2006
No Meeting Due to Spring Break
April 13, 2006
Cal Christian, Ralph Scott, SGA Representative
Others: Terry Holland, Nick Floyd, Barry Brickman
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work).
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals. Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
· Reviewed and discussed the University’s Overall Institutional Priorities established by the Chancellor with Provost Smith and Vice-Chancellor Seitz.
· Reviewed and discussed the Financial Performance of the Division of Student Life with Stephani Coleman and Susan Chapman.
· Placed one member (Cal Christian) on the Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor for Financial Services.
· Reviewed and Discussed the Financial performance of the Division of Health Sciences with Gary Vanderpool.
· Discussed the finances and plans for the University’s Centennial Celebration with Austin Bunch
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
Cal Christian presented a report to the faculty senate concerning the University’s progress toward achieving the Institutional priorities as established by the Chancellor.
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
· Meeting with Terry Holland and Nick Floyd of the Athletic Department.
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: Appears appropriate.
B. Personnel: Committee worked well together.
C. Attendance: Meetings were well attended.
D. Responsibilities: Committee’s serves as a communications link between the Chancellor and the faculty concerning budgetary matters
E. Activities: Committee heard financial reports from many different facets of the University
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
Members believe this committee serves a vital role as a mechanism for informing the faculty (and the Directors) of relevant budgetary and financial issues affecting them.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year?
Signed: Chairperson ________________________________