ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
Please forward the completed annual report to the Faculty Senate office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1, 2007. Thank you.
2006-2007 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: Committee on Committees
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Elected members: Toby Allen (Sec.), Michelle Eble, Henry Ferrell (Chr.), Elizabeth Hodge, Zachery Robinson, Ralph Scott (V. Chr.). Ex officio: Mark Taggart
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
* and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
August 29, 2006 (Allen, Ferrell, Hodge, Scott, Taggart; September 26, 2006 (Allen, Ferrell, Scott, Taggart (no quorum); October 24, 2006 (Allen, Eberle, Ferrell, Hodge, Scott, Taggart; January 16, 2007 ( Allen, Eberle, Ferrell, Hodge, Scott, Taggart); February 27, 2007 Allen, Eberle, Ferrell, Hodge, Scott, Taggart); March 6, 2007 (Allen, Eberle, Hodge, Scott, Taggart).
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work).
Chair Ferrell appointed a subcommittee on September 26 to consider and report to the committee a proposal to add an ex-officio member to the University Libraries Committee. The subcommittee members (Ferrell, Scott, and Allen) declined to do so. The subcommittee also declined to alter the charge of the Educational Planning and Policy Committee. Two nominees for academic committee vacancies were proposed. Two nominees for appellate committees were proposed as well. The subcommittee reported to the committee on October 24 and the report was approved.
4. Accomplishments during the year,
especially as addressed through committee goals. Please include recommendations made to any
University agency other than the
During the academic year 2006-2007 the Committee, in addition to approving the actions of a subcommittee (See 3.), the committee interviewed professors Garris and Knickerbocker. The committee also suggested candidates for Faculty Assembly delegates. The committee also proposed candidates for the academic and appellate committees. It also suggest nominees for administrative committees.
5. Reports to the
The committee placed the above nominees before the Senate,
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
No business was carried over to the next academic year.
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the
committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: adequate.
B. Personnel: outstanding
C. Attendance: one elected member never attended
D. Responsibilities: adequate
E. Activities: varied and appropriate
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty
No suggestions for improvement.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year?
Organizational meeting date is acceptable.
Signed: Chairperson Henry Ferrell