ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2006-2007 Academic Year
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Edward Treadwell Medicine
Cynthia Bickley-Green Art and Design Secretary
Ralph Scott Academic Library Services Vice-Chair
Cal Christian Business Chair
Carol Lust Allied Health Sciences
Michael Poock Education
Jeff Krepps Child Development and Family
Ex-Officio Members with vote:
Elmer Poe Rep. of Chancellor - Academic Affairs
Joe Gaddis Rep. of Provost - Academic Affairs
Gary Vanderpool Rep. of VC for Health Sciences – Health Sciences
Andrea Harrell Rep. of VC for Research and Graduate Studies- Research and Graduate Studies
Kevin Seitz VC for Administration and Finance
Henry Ferrell Rep. of Chair of the Faculty - History
Rodney Roberts Faculty Senator - Philosophy
Carl E. Morrow Rep. of Student Government Association
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*). * and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
September 21, 2006
Henry Ferrell, Carol Lust, Ralph Scott, Andrea Harrell, Kevin Seitz, Gary Vanderpool. Elmer Poe, Edward Treadwell, Cynthia Bickley-Green, Rodney Roberts, Carl Morrow, Mark Taggart, Anne Jenkins
October 19, 2006
Cal Christian, Michael Poock, Ralph Scott, Joe Gaddis, Henry Ferrell, Kevin Seitz, Gary Vanderpool, Rodney Roberts, Carl Morrow, Anne Jenkins, Terry Holland, Nick Floyd, Barry Brickman.
November 16, 2006
Cal Christian, Ralph Scott, Cynthia Bickley-Green, Clayton Sessoms, Andrea Harrell, Henry Ferrell, Gary Vanderpool., Kevin Seitz, Rodney Roberts, Carl Morrow.
December 15, 2005
January 8, 2007
Cal Christian, Ralph Scott, Cynthia Bickley-Green, Henry Ferrell, Joe Gaddis, Clayton Sessoms, Gary Vanderpool, Anne Jenkins, Rodney Roberts, Carl Morrow, Jeff Krepps.
February 15, 2007
Cal Christian, Jeff Krepps, Ralph Scott, Cynthia Bickley-Green, Joe Gaddis, Andrea Harrell, Anne Jenkins, Henry Ferrell, Elmer Poe, Gary Vanderpool, Rodney Roberts, Clayton Sessoms, Carl Morrow, James Smith.
March 15, 2007
No Meeting Due to Spring Break
April 19, 2007
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work).
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals. Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
· Reviewed and discussed the University’s 2006-2007 budget requests with the General Assembly and an update on the campus based tuition increase with Kevin Seitz and Anne Jenkins.
and discussed the Financial Performance of the Brody School of Medicine, Allied
Health and the proposed
· Placed two members (Cal Christian and Michael Poock) on the Campus Based Tuition Task Force.
· Reviewed and Discussed the Financial performance of the University Athletic Department with Terry Holland, Nick Floyd and Barry Brickman.
· Reviewed and discussed in depth the impact that distance education has had on the University from both an academic and financial standpoint with Provost James Smith, Elmer Poe and Clayton Sessoms.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
Cal Christian along with Provost James Smith and Elmer Poe presented a report to the faculty senate detailing the past and future impact of distance education on the University from an academic and financial standpoint.
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: Appears appropriate.
B. Personnel: Committee worked well together.
C. Attendance: Meetings were well attended by ex-officio, but several meetings did not have a quorum of regular members.
D. Responsibilities: Committee’s serves as a communications link between the Chancellor and the faculty concerning budgetary matters
E. Activities: Committee heard financial reports from many different facets of the University
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
Members believe this committee serves a vital role as a mechanism for informing the faculty (and the Directors) of relevant budgetary and financial issues affecting them.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year?
Signed: Chairperson ________________________________