ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2008-2009 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: Educational Policies and Planning
1. Membership (include ex-officio members). Regular members: Rose Allen, Margaret Bauer, Linda Kean, Dale Knickerbocker, Janice Lewis, Jim Mitchell, and Sandra Warren. Ex-officio members: Jim Chandler, David Conde, Linner Griffin, George Kasperek, Dana Murphy and Jan Tovey.
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
* and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting
8-29-08: Allen Bauer, Kean, Knickerbocker, Lewis, Mitchell,
9-12-08: Kean, Knickerbocker, Lewis, Mitchell,
10-10-08: Allen, Bauer, Knickerbocker,
11-14-08: Allen, Knickerbocker, Lewis, Mitchell,
11-21-08: Knickerbocker, Lewis, Mitchell,
1-9-09: Allen, Bauer, Kean, Knickerbocker, Lewis, Conde,
2-13-09: Allen, Bauer, Lewis,
4-8-09: Allen, Kean, Knickerbocker, Lewis, Mitchell,
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion
of work). “Low Productivity/ Low Enrollment Program Guideline” Subcommittee
· Request for Authorization to Establish a MS in Sustainable Tourism
· Recommendation to discontinue EdS in Counselor and Adult Education
· Recommendation to discontinue the CAS in Library Science
· Recommendation to discontinue the BSBE in Marketing Education
· Recommendation to discontinue the Master of Music Therapy
· Recommendation to Eliminate the BS in Accounting
· Recommendation to Rename the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance to Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance Performance
· Recommendation to Rename the Certificate in Distance Instruction to Certificate in Distance Learning and Administration
· Recommendation to Rename the BSBA in Management Accounting to BSBA in Accounting
· Request to Add the Mechanical Engineering Concentration to the BS in Engineering
· Request to Approve a Certificate in Computer-based Instruction
· Revisions to the ECU Faculty Manual Part V., Section III. (Curriculum Development)
11-4-08: #08-46, #08-47, #08-48, #08-51, #08-52, #08-53, #08-54
12-2-08: #08-61, #08-62, #08-63, #08-64, #08-65
1-27-09: #09-04, #09-05
4-21-09: #09-25, #09-26, #09-27, #09-28, #09-29, #09-30
carried over to next year (list in priority order).
Campus Review Process for substantive change (approved May 1 by APD Team)
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the
Committee’s work during the year).
A. Charge: Appropriate
B. Personnel: The 2008-2009 EPPC membership went above and beyond their “call to duty”. Throughout the year, they addressed very complex issues and frequently spent considerable time drafting documents or providing responses to various university documents/reports. That is appreciated very much!
C. Attendance: All members with the exception of the student representative were active. Regular and ex-officio members were very conscientious about meeting attendance.
D. Responsibilities: Appropriate
E. Activities: Appropriate
to the Chair of the Faculty and/or
the effectiveness of the committee. None
6. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year? No.
Signed: Chairperson: Sandra Warren Secretary: Linda Kean