ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2009-2010 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: Unit Code Screening Committee
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Carl Swanson, Garris Conner, Timm Hackett, Kathy Misulis, Michael Duffy, Salman Abdulali, Yan-Hua Chen, Linda Ingalls, Chris Locklear, Lisa Sutton, Keith Sylvester, Christine Zoller, and Kitty Wetherington.
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
* and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
October 21, 2009: Hackett, Abdulai, Conner, Duffy, Ingalls, Locklear, Misulis, Sutton, Chen, Sylvester
November 19, 2009: Conner, Swanson, Ingalls, Locklear, Sylvester, Duffy, Hackett, Sutton Chen
February 17, 2010: Swanson, Ingalls, Locklear, Sylvester, Duffy, Hackett, Misulis, Wetherington Chen
March 17, 2010: Swanson, Ingalls, Locklear, Sylvester, Duffy, Hackett, Misulis
April 27, 2010: Hackett, Swanson, Ingalls, Conner, Misulis, Zoller, Sylvester Chen
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work). None
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals. Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5. N/A
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
· November 3, 2009, #09-40 Revised Department of Psychology Unit Code of Operation, Revised Department of Geography Unit Code of Operation
· November 3, 2009, #09-45 Revised Department of English Unit Code of Operation, Department of Biology Unit Code of Operation
· February 23, 2010, #10-17 Revised Department of Theatre and Dance Code of Operation
March 30, 2010, #10-21 Revised Department of
Anthropology Code of Operation, Amended
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order). None
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: Satisfactory
B. Personnel: Outstanding to Satisfactory
C. Attendance: Satisfactory
D. Responsibilities: High importance for shared governance
E. Activities: Excellent
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year? No.
Signed: Chairperson ________________________________