COMMITTEE: Admission & Retention Policies Committee
MEETING DATE: April 5, 2010 (4 pm to 5 pm)
PERSON PRESIDING: W. Joseph Thomas
REGULAR MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE: Amy Frank, Natalie Stewart,
EX-OFFICIO MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE: Anthony Britt, Sherri Jones, Jayne Geissler, Catherine Rigsby
OTHERS IN ATTENDANCE: Kristen Bonatz, Mark Sprague
MEETING AGENDA AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. March meeting minutes were approved by email.
2. At the March Faculty Senate, the following policies were voted on, and all passed:
a. Disruptive Academic Behavior (Academic Standards)
b. Student Attendance Regulations—both Undergraduate Catalog and Faculty Manual: co-presented with Academic Standards—asked to implement Fall 2010
c. Special Readmission (Forgiveness) Policy—Fall 2010
d. While Enrolled in East Carolina University/Permission to Take Courses Elsewhere—Fall 2010.
3. Academic Integrity Policy revisions
4. Student Conduct Policy: WJT hasn’t heard back from Dean of Students Office. Do we see anything we’d like to consider changing? Combining with any other policy? Keep/remove from Faculty Manual?
5. Annual Report: due May 1. We need to collate feedback on the sub-committees and business to carry over to next year. I would like to share the draft with committee members to offer the chance to comments. SharePoint?
ACTIONS OF MEETING
Agenda Item: Review of Academic Integrity Policy
Discussion: Committee members reviewed the first two pages of the proposed policy with some recommendations.
Action Taken: Additional committee meeting will be scheduled for April19th to continue review of the proposed policy.
Assigned additional duties to: WJThomas will email and upload latest verison to Sharepoint. A sub-committee meeting will be scheduled for Monday, April 19, 2010, 3:00-5:00pm to continue review and discussion on the Academic Integrity Policy. All members of the committee will be invited to attend.
NEXT MEETING: April 19, 2010, 3:00-5:00pm, 2500 Old Cafeteria Building