Minutes: Meeting 12/09/05
Educational Policy and Planning Committee
- Present: Albright, Jordan, Knickerbocker, Pagliari, , Pease, Shlapentokh
- Excused: Weismiller
- Present: Griffin, Smith
- Excused: Eason, Hodson, Jones, Rigsby
Agenda and Actions:
1. Motion approved to accept committee meeting minutes of 11/11/05. Moved by Shlapentokh and seconded by Pagliari
2. Presenter: E. Doty. Motion approved for name change of BSBA in Management Accounting to BSBA in Accounting. Moved by Griffin and seconded by Jordan.
3. Presenters: P. Kauffman, D. Batts and R. Rogers. Motion approved to establish a Bioprocess Manufacturing concentration in the BS Industrial Technology degree program. Moved by Pagliari and seconded by Griffin.
4. Presenters: D. Batts, P. Kaufmann, and R. Rogers. Motion approved to establish MS in Software Engineering. Moved by Smith and seconded by Pagliari.
5. Presenters: S. Ajose, D. Dennard and M. Wubneh. Motion approved to accept the notification of intent to plan a BA degree program in African-American/Black Studies. Moved by Jordan and seconded by Pease.
6. Consensus to authorize committee chair to discuss with the Committee on Committees the issue of graduate program approval and EPCC graduate faculty membership, and to recommend the election of no less than 4 members to EPCC with graduate faculty voting privileges.
7. Consensus to table discussion of revisions of Faculty Manual Part V to next meeting.
8. AOB: no other business presented.
Submitted by: Bruce C. Albright, secretary