EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2000-2001 Academic Year
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Allan Rosenberg Carroll Varner
Ronnie Smith Dorothy Spencer
Karen Crowell Alexandra Shlapentokh
Tom Raedeke Monique Foster
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
* and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
Sep 20, 00 – Rosenberg, Crowell, Raedeke, Schultz, Smith, Varner, Shlapentokh, Foster
October 18, 00 – Smith, Hursh, Schultz, Foster, Varner, Shlapentokh
November 15, 00 - Rosenberg, Crowell, Hursh, Raedeke, Schultz, Smith, Varner, Spencer
January 17, 01 – Smith, Hursh, Raedeke, Spencer, Varner, Shlapentokh, Varner
March 01- Rosenberg, Smith, Hursh, Schultz,
April 18, 01- Rosenberg, Raedeke, Smith, Shlapentokj, Spencer
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals.
Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the
Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
Extensive neview of libraries budgets
Review of library surery (see attached)
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
1. Materials budget
2. Formula for funding depts.
3. Survey recommendations
4. Library liaison meeting
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the
committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: met charge regarding budget revision
B. Personnel: active participation of library directors / staff.
C. Attendance: fair/poor faculty attendance.
D. Responsibilities: adequate
E. Activities: Initial faculty survey of library services
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the
effectiveness of the committee.
-Faculty appointed committed to attend meeting.
-Emphasize need for library administration to consult with committee before policy changes affecting faculty are made.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this