1999-2000 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: Research/Creative Activity Grants
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
*and members who contributed to committee
action, but were not at the meeting.
August 27, 1999
September 14, 1999
October 12, 1999
November 9, 1999
(Attendance records not kept)
3. Subcommittees established during the year
(include progress and/or completion of
Two subcommittees established to review
rounds one and two of proposals. Work
completed. Each subcommittee met twice.
4. Accomplishments during the year,
especially as addressed through committee
goals. Please include recommendations made
to any University agency other than the
Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
19 proposals of the 32 proposals recommended
were funded at a cost of around $250.000.00.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include
dates and resolution numbers).
6. Business carried over to next year (list
in priority order).
All business relevant for the coming year
7. Evaluation of the committee (include
anything that hindered or assisted the
committee's work during the year).
C. Attendance: This is the only minor
hindrance since many members score the
proposals and yet may not have attended the
committee discussions. This is a chronic
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty
and/or Faculty Senate for improving the
effectiveness of the committee.
Only nominate and elect individuals who
genuinely want to do the massive amount of
work required to perform the tasks of this