COMMITTEE: __Research/Creative Activity__________________
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Cathy Hall PSCH Randall Parker Economics
Michael Elbeck Art Bonnie Mani Poli Sci
Martha Selby HHPERFORMANCE Qun Lu Medicine
John Daughtry Math Jim Chandler RES
Edson Justiniano Physics Tom McConnell Bio
Sharon Nichols ED Randy Daniel ANTR
Scott Dellana BUS
Nathan Williams Music Ex Officio:
Anne Dickerson Allied Health Cathy Rigsby GEOL
Marie Pokorny Nursing Brent Angell Social Work
Richard Miller Philosophy Andrew Stuart AHS
Bob Edwards Sociology Alan Schreier Rep. Of VC for Research
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
*and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of
The full committee was split into two subcommittees for the purposes of evaluating the proposals and
forwarding recommendations to the committee of the whole.
- Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals.
Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the
Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
Complete and expeditious evaluation and ranking of the proposals with minimum involvement of the
Vice Chancellor for Research.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
The committee is pleased with the way and manner in which business is conducted and accomplished.
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the
effectiveness of the committee.
I am quite pleased with the way and manner the committee dispenses its responsibilities.
9. Does the Committee's organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set
this year? _______yes ___X___ no