EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY F ACUL TY SENATE
ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2001-2002 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: Research/Creative Activity
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Nichols, Jacobs, DeVita, Dickerson, Pokomy, Miller, Edwards, Parker, Mani, Madhok, Chandler, McConnell, Daniel, Yang, McCamon, Schreier, Jones, and Hall
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*). * and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
Sept. 11, Oct. 2, Oct. 23, Nov. 13. (attendance information not available.)
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work).
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through coIi1mitteegoals. Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
Timely ranking of RC/A proposals with exclusive emphasis on merit and minimum effort on the part of Dr. Feldbush.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work
during the year).
A. Charge: -
B. Personnel: -
C. Attendance: If people are not going to attend the meetings, they should not
have a vote. I will try to address this issue in the next year.
D. Responsibilities: -
E. Activities: -
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
9. Does the Committees organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year? X no
Chairperson: Randy Parker Secretary: Alan Schreier