EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2002-2003 Academic Year
COMMITTEE: Research/Creative Activity Grants
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Randy Parker (Chairman), Seodial Deena (Co-Chair), Tom McConnell (Secretary), Bonnie Mani, Randy Daniel, Yu (Frank) Yang, John Collins, Jane Painter, Carol Brown, Steve Estes, Roger Russell, Michael Poteat (ex-officio), Holly Hapke (ex-officio), Anne Dickerson (ex-officio), Alan Schreier (ex-officio), Paul Gares (ex-officio), Festus Eribo (ex-officio)
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
August 29, 2002; October 2, 2002; November 13, 2002; March 26, 2003; attendance information not available
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work).
The full committee was split into two subcommittees for the purposes of evaluating the proposals and forwarding recommendations to the committee as a whole. All proposals deemed meritorious were evaluated by the entire committee.
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through
committee goals. Please include recommendations made to any University
agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
Timely ranking of Research/Creative Activity proposals with virtually exclusive emphasis on merit.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
The committee is pleased with the way and manner in which business is conducted and accomplished.
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
The committee has dispensed its responsibilities in fine fashion and attending members of the committee are to be thanked for a demanding job that was well done.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this year?